A concise synopsis for both Employer and Employee via Peninsula Business Services, who have outlined the statutory and contractual leave entitlements for Irish employees:
- Annual Leave – make sure you take your holidays!
- Employers are not permitted to pay in lieu of statutory leave unless there has been a termination of employment
- Health and Safety Leave – an employer is expected to carry out separate risk assessments in relation to pregnant employees
- Paternity Leave – Congratulations daddy’s!
- Budget 2016 announced a statutory paternity leave of 2 weeks which will be introduced in respect of births from September 2016
- Compassionate and Sick Leave are contractual leave entitlements
*Employers make sure you update your policies in respect of the updated Paternity Leave taking effect from Sept 2016.